Friday, December 27, 2013

Browse » home» » » » » » » » Steak with and Salad with Chipotle Ranch Dipper

Steak with and Salad with Chipotle Ranch Dipper

I have been making sure that all dinners this week have little or nothing to do with turkey or anything resembling turkey so as not to lessen the impact of Thanksgiving dinner.  I decided that a basic steak and salad dinner was the way to go last night, with pork to follow just before the big day.  This was a perfect little New York strip steak that I purchased from Meijer for about $5.00.  I seasoned it with salt, pepper and garlic powder and seared it in a hot pan for about 4 minutes on each side.  After letting it rest for 15 minutes or so, I sliced it and served it along side a deliciously spicy and perfectly creamy chipotle ranch sauce (a teaspoon of chipotle in adobo sauce mixed with bottled Marzetti Ranch dressing).  A crispy tossed salad rounded out this simple but satisfying meal.  

No comments:

Post a Comment