Monday, May 12, 2014

Browse » home» » » » » » » Roasted Broccoli for Random Recipes 22

Roasted Broccoli for Random Recipes 22

Its Random Recipe time again and this month Dom at Belleau Kitchen has challenged us  as follows:  "refer to your birthday date as the number you should use to randomly pick your book... for example, my birthday is the 24th September and so I have randomly chosen the 24th book on my bookshelf counting from right to left...  it doesnt really get more tenuous or random than this does it but its nice to have a little theming every month dont you think?"


 
Im not giving anything away about my birthday, youll just have to believe me when I tell you that I followed the instructions and, while Dom picked out Nigella, I got Delia!  Isnt it interesting that these two iconic women cooks are known by their first names.  You would never just refer to Nigel (Slater) or Hugh (Fearnley-Whittingstall), maybe Jamie comes close but he is still Jamie Oliver, anyway I digress, on with the challenge.



It was the Winter Collection which came up as my Random Recipe book, which was helpful, it being winter!  I opened the book randomly as instructed and had a choice of Sauteed Carmelised Fennel or Oven Roasted Cauliflower an Broccoli with Garlic and Coriander, I didnt have any Fennel or Cauliflower, but I did have a head of Broccoli.


The delightful Delia, has kindly posted the recipe on her website, so you can click through the link if you would like to make Oven Roasted Cauliflower and Broccoli with Garlic and Coriander

I cant say I was terribly impressed by this recipe.  The coriander and garlic flavour was really good, but the broccoli was still a bit too hard, if Id left it in the oven any longer it would have burnt.  I think if I made it again I would blanch the broccoli for a few minutes before roasting.

I served the broccoli with a homemade turkey and ham pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment