Thursday, January 23, 2014

Browse » home» » » » » » » » Caulif redo Sauce A K A Paleo Alfredo Sauce

Caulif redo Sauce A K A Paleo Alfredo Sauce

I pretend to be a lot of things: professional; a blogger; interested in whatever it is that youre saying; but one of the things I do not pretend to be is classy, so its no surprise that when I eat pasta (which is never because I eat Paleo all the time, I swearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr omgyeahright), I want it topped with smothered in creamy, cheesy Alfredo sauce. Oh, you made a tomato sauce with fresh basil that you grew in your organic garden? Gimmie that Alfredo sauce!! But with oodles of heavy cream and cheese, classic Alfredo sauce isnt really Paleo friendly. 
Even if you could give two shits about Paleo, I guarantee you think of Alfredo sauce as "fat food," in which case, you should all be relieved to hear that the unclassiest of sauces can now be waistline and tastebud friendly with the help of my all-time favorite Paleo ingredient: Cauliflower. 
I mean, I dont have kids or anything (and if Child Protective Services has anything to do with it, I never will), but like, I woud just BET if you slathered some kind of vegetable that younguns typically sneer at, like, say, brussel sprouts with this Caulif-redo sauce, theyd gobble it right up.
Or if youd prefer to eat it more similarly to pasta, you can do what Kyle and I did last night and drizzle it over a bowl of chicken, sauteed mushrooms, and steamed broccoli. Dare I say, any added pasta would only have stood in the way of this deliciousness!!
I know some of you Paleo peeps can be all over the map when it comes to cheese, but look, theres cheese in this recipe, okay? Its not that much (about 3 Tbsp. of parmesan in the entire batch, which is close to 20 oz. BTW, thats a complete guess. I dont know anything about servings, but it makes a lot), but if you dont like it, just leave it out alright??? IMO, you totally need the parm since thats what gives it the Alfredo-y flavor, but do what you gotta do.
 And what you gotta do is make this!
 I mean, come ON!!!!!!
What kind of sauce do you like? Are you gonna try to make this Alfredo sauce with cauliflower?? What else can you use Alfredo with??

Caulif-redo Sauce
Makes several cups

  • 1 head of cauliflower, cored and chopped into large chunks
  • 2 Tbsp. olive oil
  • 1 shallot, minced
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 3 Tbsp. shredded parmesan
  • 1/4 cup canned coconut milk
  • salt/pepper to taste
  • pinch of nutmeg
1. Steam cauliflower until fork-tender. 
2. While cauliflower steams, heat olive oil over medium low heat in a small pot. Add shallot and saute for a few minutes, then add chicken broth and heat through.
3. Add cauliflower, shallot/broth mixture, and remaining ingredients to a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add more coconut milk if needed.
4. Serve over ANYTHING!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment