Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Browse » home» » » » » » HIWWI Motel Faux Fur Jacket

HIWWI Motel Faux Fur Jacket

{Motel Faux Fur jacket, $78.78}

Hi friends, and members of the Cupcult! Yall are totally diggin the CupcakesOMG! fan name, btw, so thanks for that.

Anyway, you might remember a time when I did HIWWI posts (thats "How I Would Wear It" for you newer Cupcult followers). I did them every week for a while, and then one day, with nary an explanation nor excuse, I just up and stopped doing it. And ya know what? Its as much a mystery why to me, as it is you. I always swore that I would only do HIWWI on pieces I would legit wear, that like, inspired me and stuff. So, I guess I wasnt really feeling particularly moved by anything recently. What Im saying is, I pretty much end up buying whatever HIWWI piece I feature, and my bank account wasnt feeling, shall we say, "inspired" to fund the creative process, nawm sayin?

But the other day, as I allowed my brain cells to die a slow and painful death was perusing some of my Pinterest pins, I ran across this Motel Faux Fur jacket and an all mint outfit, and just like that, my need to tell you HIWWI was reinvigorated.

Theres some kind of unspoken CupcakesOMG! rule that every post must feature at least one Lady Gaga reference, so here it is: Like Lady Gaga, I too believe that mint is going to be very big this spring. I mean, mint is refreshing and sweet, but not saccharine. Its grown up, but playful. Its delicious covered in chocolate. I dont think that has anything to do with anything, but I mean, ITS TRUE!! And while this faux fur jacket is more teal than it is mint, I love the contrast of the richer jewel tone against a sheer and flowy mint top like this one:
{Nasty Gal, $48}

This top says "Im sweet, but I will also cut you if you piss me off. Exhibit A? My shirt sleeves."

With volume up top, its important to keep the proportions on the bottom slim. Cue these skinny leg jeans in an almost identical mint:
{Siwy jeans, $154}

The original inspiration for this look was a woman in a blousy silk mint top that she paired with skinny mint denim and strappy black heels. While I loved the simplicity of the look, we all know I refuse to leave "good enough" alone, which is why I cant wait to add these JCs to my always-growing shoe collection:
{Jeffrey Campbell Kylie sandal, $249.95}

Drawing inspiration from the old lady fashion rule of matching your shoes to your handbag, I present you with a simple, lady like tote to complete the outfit:
{Warehouse Padlock bag, $68.04}

Oh, and of course theres always a nail color requirement. I like this pink because it wont compete with the rest of the look:
{Tom Ford Nail Lacquer in Mink Brulee, $30}

What about you, Cupcult? Will you be sporting mint this spring? Do you think black 5 inch-heeled sandals with gold hardware is "too much" for a daytime look? (Answer: ARE YOU CRAZY???? Of course not!!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment