Friday, January 31, 2014

Browse » home» » » » » » » Dan Lepards Sweet Sherry Plum Pudding

Dan Lepards Sweet Sherry Plum Pudding

In last Saturdays Guardian Magazine, I spied Dan Lepards recipe for Sweet Sherry Plum Pudding.  I love Christmas pudding so, as Dan Lepard is the man of the moment as far as baking is concerned,  I thought I would give this a go.

The recipe is full of lovely rich dark stuff, butter, muscovado sugar, black treacle, honey, sherry, prunes, currants and nuts (I used walnuts), it is also lightened by wholemeal breadcrumbs and a grated apple. There is only 75g of flour in the whole recipe.

 
I packed the mix into my large pudding basin for Christmas, but there was a bit of mixture left over, so...
I filled a little ramekin and steamed it for an hour, that was yesterday.  Today, I reheated it by steaming for about half an hour.

When I cut the string and removed the baking parchment and foil , this gorgeous black pud appeared, studded with dark fruits and golden nuts.

It turned out onto a plate rather well and I managed to get three portions out of this little pud which I served with custard.  

As I said, I only made it yesterday, so it hasnt had time to mature, it is packed with flavour, but doesnt taste heavy or stodgy. If this is what it tastes like after a day, I am really looking forward to Christmas Day!

If you would like to make this pudding, the recipe is available on the Guardian Food pages HERE

Im entering this for Bookmarked Recipes run by Jac at Tinned Tomatoes with Ruth from Ruths Kitchen Experiments



No comments:

Post a Comment